Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Happy Memories

 My mom made this dress back in the 1960s and she had a pair of orange patent leather gogo boots and a very ugly orange purse to go with it. When she gave it to me, I wasn't sure what to do with it.

 Then it occurred to me that I could have it out to enjoy and fill it up with the brightly coloured glace Avon pins she had given me over the years, back in the 70s.  She sold Avon for a while and each catalogue was full of magical items and these pins as well as some of their figural lip balms for children were captivating!  Remember the Oreo cookie with two shades of lip gloss in it? Or the ice cream cone with scented lip balm in it?  I still had a number of those pins and I was fortunate to find the missing ones for good prices when I started to look to replace the missing ones.  The hanger was a long ago yard sale find.

I also added pin back buttons from school and other stuff going on in my little world growing up. It makes me smile whenever I see it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails