Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Art Journal Round Robin

A few of my fellow ATC traders and I are engaged in an art journal round robins.
This is the back cover of our second art journal round-robin. I chose a small Victorian photo album. We each have chosen a theme this time. Mine is the "EGG". I didn't do anything more than print"egg" on a dress stay and attach it to the cover as it was so lovely on its own. The book is 4.5x5 inches. I am enjoying the small size a lot.(last time I used a larger Victorian photo album~very heavy!)
I chose the egg because it is such a pleasing shape and I had this wonderful page from an old 1880's Boy's Own Annual" It was filled with paintings of local British birds' eggs. I have copied and used parts of that page of eggs over and over again. Of course there are many cultural, historical and aesthetic elements to the egg as well. I just wanted to have fun with it. I will post more pics of this journal later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails