Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Friday, August 3, 2007

ZINE DRAWER


I found this old drawer at a yard sale many years ago. It had someones math calculations written on the side of it and a plain wooden handle. Why someone would sell a drawer without the furniture it came out of is a curious as why I would buy a lone drawer! I also have an ancient wooden leg I discovered at a yard sale, but that's another story. When I discovered the world of zines and altered books etc. I needed a special place to put these little treasures and that is when the drawer came to mind. I rubber stamped creative and encouraging words all over it and painted four little wooden knobs and attached them as feet to the bottom. It sits by my funky orange chair in my reading nook under the stairs, in my studio. I was privileged to have an article about my drawer printed up in the spring 2006 issue of Artitude.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails