Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

More Finds

After doing some rummaging and tidying in order to get going on the second window frame, I came across these necklaces. They have been purchased at yard sales over the years and usually I take them apart in order to use the beads for other things. I have divided containers housing them all by colour. I'm always on the lookout for glass and other natural materials as they always feel so rich and lush. Above are an assortment that haven't met up with my scissors yet. Some I may never take apart as they are just so pretty.
These for instance, defy destruction. Who can beat these unusual materials? The top is a Lucite or Bakelite chain with leather leaves, the centre is horn, metal and wood and the bottom just boggles my mind. It is stuffed and stitched snake skin with horn beads and a Mother of Pearl accent. Can you believe I found it at the Goodwill for a dollar?! As an individual, I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but I do love the look and feel of these things.

2 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

Ooo, love the amber beads!
Sandra Evertson

Very Mary said...

Oh, those leaves! Tasty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails