Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Silk Treats

A little while back I received a call from someone who had old buttons to part with ~my favourite kind of call. She also had these cigarette silks from Germany.
I have been looking for little signs of green here and there but they are still surrounded by mud and the grim soil of winter so I thought these tiny, colourful, and botanically correct pieces of art would be nicer to look at. I know you can buy variegated threads now but had no idea they were available years ago, so I've included them in this shot of spring colour.
For a complete escape to another world where everything sparkles and shimmers, check out Basia Zarzycka's site. Under her profile is a little clip from an interview inside her shop. Wow!

1 comment:

Susan Williamson said...

Great to see a harbinger of flowers to come. Everything is budding here, but no sign of any blooms yet. Thanks for the link to Basia Zarzycka's website. It really is an escape to another world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails