Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Strange Finds While Thrifting

I am not the sort of person who has a lot of little fancy ornaments about and find myself drawn to the more unusual (my antique wooden leg or the jar of old tooth samples from a dental office) or rustic pieces (like old hardware or funky rusty bits). However, on my recent trips to the various second-hand stores, I have come across a number of items that have caught my eye. The little elf under the mushrooms is a small planter.
In a bag of the most unattractive Christmas ornaments, I noticed these lovely little vintage pieces. The Chinese Checker board beneath was another find elsewhere. My grandfather had a board just like this one and now I have four. One for each of the boys( when they leave and get settled) and one for me. I love to play Chinese Checkers.
This bright orange cat is actually a souvenir of Prescott!
This little piece, only four inches high is odd. I wonder how many they made, and how many sold. Haven't you always wished you owned your own "prom queen" figurine?
This is another quirky little figure. A baby playing the violin. Hmmm. Must be terribly gifted. I have a few more to photograph and share later. What is the oddest thing you have ever found?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails