Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Getting Things Done

I am finally feeling caught up on all those pesky appointments and things on my "to do" list. This week is half over. YAY! A quick trip to Cornwall today and then prep for my brother's arrival on Friday. Good to have another long weekend before us. We definitely need more of those, don't you think?
Thank you to all you of you for your lovely and encouraging comments regarding the show. I especially like the "surprised" emails form friends back home who just happen to watch the show each week and found us there.
These are delicate little butterflies I cut off a very tangled mobile I found at Goodwill. Sometimes it is good to not throw out something that looks too far gone. I think they are great and certainly worth the ninety-nine cents I paid for it.
Something else I found a while back, was a slightly battered vintage chocolate box. To my great pleasure it was filled with these hand made clay flowers. Not as fine as the porcelain ones from England and Germany, but lovely nonetheless.
I've begun adding some bits and pieces from my doll collection to the shop as well. Don't these Kewpie-look-a-likes make you smile?
Drop by Aaron's blog, if you have a moment. He is doing the "painting a day" thing. The Lemon is having great adventures. Be sure to check his older posts to catch it from the beginning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your television adventure went well. The kids and I watched the show online yesterday. It was great!!

Hope your trip to The City is productive and fun. And, have a great weekend! So glad to hear you've got company coming!!

Bonni

Fete et Fleur said...

Love the clay flowers! Isn't it wonderful to find something so beautiful in the most unlikely place? The butterflies are beautiful too. I've been thinking about you since your last email and hope everything worked well for your hubby.

Have a great visit with your brother!
Nancy

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Love all your goodies!
btw...
please send me your snail mail addy...I have some goodies to send you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails