Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Beautiful Mornings

It was so lovely this morning when I put the dogs out. However, by the time I drove the boys to work, there was a heavy fog everywhere. As soon as I left Spencerville, though, it was gone.
Yesterday I was fortunate to have my camera handy when the Turkey Vultures did their regular fly-over.
Again I cannot get this to load straight so you will have to cock your head to count the birds. If you do stand on your side, you will see four birds here. When they flew off, I counted seven all together!! You can click on the picture to enlarge it.

Apparently they are Bohemian Waxwings.I have noticed this bird every morning in the same scruffy little bush. The yellow tips of the tail feathers a most striking feature. I couldn't get any closer or they would just fly away.

This is a newcomer to our living space. There are a number of gopher holes in the back part of the property and in six years we have never seen any Gophers. I think that this Gopher family was living happily in the field next to the barn but when Marty turned the soil over they had to move. They are now in the barn. I can hear a lot of commotion so I think there are babies. I hope they all leave when the babies mature. Fun to watch though.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails