Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Something Smells Good In The Kitchen

While at Balleycanoe, Marty bought me this lovely red shortening tin. Love the graphic lettering. It looks right at home on top of my Hoosier.
Marty likes sugar cookies and I have made those for years. They never really turned my crank. Then I found these! These little sugar cookies are spiked with brandy, five spice powder and cherries. Now that's a sugar cookie!
Marty also loves his mince tarts. So, every year I make a bunch. These are small ones. It is my hope that it will take him and the boys a little longer to eat through them all. I can hope anyway.
I've had this old shortening package for a very long time. Definitely from the fifties or sixties. Those colours!

I hope that you aren't still running around too much and have a quiet moment to sit and relax with a little hot beverage and some light reading. Time recharge before the guests arrive and the turkey needs to be tucked into the oven, etc. Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I love to see all your baking Jennifer, so yummy, I can almost smell them. I love the lard and shortening containers. Hope you're taking a break too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails