Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Special Delivery

Who doesn't like to get mail? This unassuming envelope arrived today. Then I recognised who it was from! I knew what was inside.
Or so I thought I knew what to expect: a bubble wrapped carte de visite (CDV) in a small wood frame. Well, inside the bubble wrap was this lovely toile envelope.
Then this box with a fabulous photo of a little girl on the front.
Then the pink tissue with the stickers that looked like antique buttons. Then handmade paper with the same stickers. Each bit of packing was tied up with ribbon too.
And finally, my sweet little picture. An actual 1860s CDV of a little girl with a china head doll. This was an eBay purchase. The most I hope for is good packing for safe travel through the mail. This was way beyond my expectations. So much care was put into the shipping. Thank you!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails