Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ode To a Dear Friend

This isn't about a traditional friend but a workhorse that has stood the test of time. Many years ago I worked at Sears. That was when we purchased our first microwave. It was a Kenmore micro-convection oven. We used that machine for twenty years. We wore it out!

When we moved here we left it behind and looked and looked for something similar. Two decades later, we found that they just don't make 'em like they used to. We ended up with something different. Not as nice, or as well built, but it did the job. After almost seven years it gave up the ghost.

BFF Denise to the rescue. She too had the exact same microwave we did. They weren't using it anymore. Did I want it? Goodness, YES!

Well, the old beast is back in service and good as gold. Roomy, easy to clean, no silly round rotating turntable. It's wonderful. I'm looking forward to many more years of use with this helper in the kitchen. Thanks Denise!
Hmmm, now, when this one wears out, there is still my parents' microwave... Same model, not used much.......perhaps it will still be around when I need it. ;)
In the mean time, I truly appreciate what my new, old machine can do!

2 comments:

Evlyn said...

It is also wonderful that you are recycling something rather than going out to buy the latest gadget. Hears to older, and sometimes better, quality.

Ronna said...

Nothing like an oldie but a goodie, eh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails