Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Picture Party!

In that box of paper goodness was also an envie full of vintage paper doll cutouts.

As promised, here is a sampling of the old photographs included in my box of ephemera. There were cabinet cards, CDVs, men, women, children, and some neat exterior shots of the mountains out West.
Here, I share a few of my favourites.
Babies in containers. Anne Geddes has nothing on the original "baby in something unusual" category. The first, in a pickle crock, the second, in a wash tub. Neither look too happy.

I'm pretty sure this is not a yard sale but tea in the front yard, with every toy you own!

Two farming pics. A sweet couple and some women in the field, "bringing in the sheaves?"

This sweet little girl sports more fur than the large dog beside her!

I love the ornate hinges on the church door behind the newly married couple. I haven't often seen cows and their owners in photos together.

The picture on the left must be a July first shot. And look at the size of that bear on the right photo!!! It's huge! Or is it someone in a costume? His legs look a little wrinkly for a stuffed toy. Hmmm....
Most of the photographs were from way before the 1950s so this little coloured snapshot stood out. Christmas day, 1970. Love that telephone! I'm pretty sure it's a toy.
I hope you had a good weekend, Everyone!

1 comment:

Evlyn said...

I love old photographs. These are wonderful. What a treasure trove!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails