Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Monday, December 7, 2015

The things We Save

           Another old box, this time a vintage Christmas gift box.  Only four inches long. When I picked it up I thought it was empty.

                                                       Inside, fabric scraps.

                                 Perhaps precious pieces from some mama's sewing basket.

 Tiny hand-stitched shirts, a pleated skirt, and gathered collar. Did small hands create these for some tiny doll. Wool cotton, velvet, organdy, stripes and florals;  What are these from?

And what lovely outfit did these scraps come from? What special occasion? If only they could speak to their own history.

2 comments:

Threads of Inspiration said...

What a treasure you found in your this special Christmas box. The contents evoke lots of questions!

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh I like the vintage box covered in christmas wrapping paper, I have one I found years ago and love it also.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails