Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

A Little Maude Lewis Love

 It was almost twenty years ago that we all traveled to visit family in Nova Scotia.  We went to Upper Clements Park, I think it was, my memory could be all wrong, but anyway, there was an exhibit of Maude Lewis art and a copy of her little house.  I eventually got this wee scale model of her home made from clay.

I also got these books about her life and work.
Yesterday Aaron and I attended a presentation of the new film Maudie.  I am pretty sure we were the youngest people in the audience, but it was 2 PM on a Friday afternoon, after all.  We enjoyed the film very much.  It is nice to see some focus on the life of a special artist like Maude Lewis.  If you are able, it is worthwhile seeing the film.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails