Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Monday, February 25, 2019

A Whole Bunch of Thifty Finds

 It's been a while since I posted any thrifty finds. These are gathered here from various places over time.
Printmaking paint tubes, house numbers, a damaged cloisonne egg, small pottery pitcher, a sweet goat, a jaunty red felt bunny, and party umbrellas.

 A few old photographs, a Holly Hobbie mug, leather address book, salvaged bottles in a lovely blue, glass candle rings, and a fabulous convex lens.

 A lovely wooden box with a girl on it, various salt and peppers, glass elephant earrings, souvenir pitcher from the Manchester Zoo, etc.

 Lovely German sugar bowl that looks like a sea shell, souvenir rooster, unusual salt and pepper, two wooden dogs, leather butterfly earrings and a lovely old bracelet.

 Slab of granite, cute wooden egg cups, curtain hardware- you never know when you might need some- a chunk of glass that reminds me of an ice berg and a flower frog.

                          I've not seen a flower frog like this before.

 I just love this assortment of sample sized food and cleaning boxes. The tin is for typewriter tape.

 I've seen a number of plaster/chalk ware ashtrays in similar forms but I love the bear motif and the fact that is says "Canada" on it too.  The plate is a Niagara Falls souvenir. I do love old Niagara Falls souvenirs!

                          Fab assortment of vintage fruit and vegetable labels for tins.

 Wooden blocks, knitting markers, a couple of elephants for Aaron's collection and vintage medical tape tins turned into thread holders. Genius!




                                          Various souvenir "Crestware" pieces.



                                        This stopped me in my tracks. So very familiar!


See the glass bowl beside the pottery piece? Exactly the same. Someone used a bowl just like the one I have as a mold for a newer pottery bowl. I found the glass pear bowl back when I was in high school in Windsor. It came from an estate sale down the road from where we lived. You just never know what you might happen across, or when.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails