Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Perfect Autumn Day

Today was my husband's first day back at work after his very busy vacation week at home. The boys were back at college for a full day of classes(they have no classes on Monday so every weekend feels like a long weekend) and Marty took the car with him, so Joshua and I had a very productive day at home, enjoying the absolutely gorgeous weather! This is Rosie, our old Beagle, lounging in our bedroom window, head on a pile of old quilts. It's a dog's life.
With the perfect weather, I figured today was good for washing the kitchen curtains. They looked so happy blowing in the wind. It only took a moment for them to dry, but they are so nice to watch!
I spent the morning painting the "open" and "closed" signs to hang out on the big sign. I'm curious to see what the response will be after the two newspaper articles are published. I must admit that I am very thankful for the last couple of really quiet days. We all need a break from our "vacation"!

2 comments:

Greybishop said...

That picture of your curtains is fantastic! You should have it framed!

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Hi James. Thanks for noticing. I almost hated to take them down and hang them in the kitchen again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails