Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Real Find

After driver's ed. Joshua and I like to go poke around the Goodwill store. I never expect to find anything but always seem to unearth some kind of treasure. This was it last week. At first I was drawn to the "suitcase", as it was vintage and they are always perfect for stashing and storing stuff. However when we opened it there was this lovely green sewing machine. Then I noticed the name, Bernina!
You can't beat the Swiss when it comes to packing everything you could want into a small space. Everything has its place in the case and when out, it all unfolds to create a complete workstation with storage for your accessories, thread and bobbins. It runs great and hums without nary a sound to distract you from the comforting and contemplative activity that sewing is. From the design and Bakelite "cabinet" I figure it is from the 1920's or 30's. Beautiful!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails