Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Bookmarks

I've had a stack of old pieces of fabric moving about my studio for some time now. The prints are crisp and fresh-looking even though they belonged to the mother of a friend of mine. They were destined for a Dresden Plate pattern I believe, but since I am not a quilter I've been trying to think of what I can do with them. Earlier this week, I turned them into bookmarks, backed with coordinating scrapbook paper and stamped. Then I used up some of my alphabet stickers (did you ever notice how you never have enough of the letters you need to do a whole project?!), and spelled out words relating to reading and books. I then laminated them with the Xyron (LOVE my Xyron!) and added some vintage seam binding. Now to find the time to actually sit down and read.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails