Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's Cold Outside, But Not in the Kitchen


It's quite cold out and it's time to get the Christmas baking begun. My goal is to make one thing per day. It's very easy for me to get a whole system going and spend ten hours a day just baking, however, my family assures me I needn't make so many cookies this year. I've whittled the list down to fourteen recipes over last year's thirty-two. Last year, I really didn't know anyone and had no other plans and certainly didn't have the Milkhouse Gallery to occupy my time. This year is different indeed, so I will try to contain myself. Every time I make the Christmas Carrot Cake I marvel at the wonderful colours of the fruit and coconut before it gets mixed with the dry ingredients. This cake is good enough for even a breakfast with the carrots, fruit, coconut, raisins, orange juice and maple syrup in it! I made the little ones so they would be handy for hostess gifts if necessary.

1 comment:

Ronna said...

Nice shots Jen. You can almost smell the baking all the way here in Dunvegan!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails