Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Surprise Finds and Inspiring Treasures

I mentioned that the Marie Antoinette Toy Theatre Challenge pictures are due at the end of this week. I don't want to spoil the big reveal from Cathrine Moore. So, to tide you over until that happens, I'm enclosing a shot of the Marie inspired pieces I gathered for my own "inspiration board." The hand mirror has been on my dresser for many years. The figurine and fancy mirror and fabric are recent finds and the ancient papers and postcards are from Vintage Charmings.
This lovely piece was discovered recently at a thrift shop. Makes me want to wander the beaches along the east coast.

Here is an example of a totally wonderful item found for a song. If you look closely, you'll notice a line that runs across the bottom of the jug. I paid $1 for it as the bottom was blown right off. Thankfully the piece was still there so I brought it home and glued it back on. Useless for anything that demands liquid but lovely to behold anyway.

1 comment:

Fete et Fleur said...

How wonderful, I'll stay tuned for the big reveal!

xx Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails