Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Marie Antoinette Toy Theatre Challenge

This is the theatre part of the project. The silk velvet curtains are from an old dress. The wooden box with a glass door is something my mom left with me years ago. The wall paper is vintage and the Toile inside is a fabric sample. I copied some Marie paintings onto canvas paper and mounted them on foam core to lean about as "art in the studio." The chandelier is a bizarre Christmas ornament and the prints are from a very old book on printmaking. It took forever to find the right glass knobs for the feet of the cabinet but finally I found some in Merrickville. The flower knob too, was a perfect match for the door. The swan facade is from foam core (covered with a damaged blouse fabric I found years ago at the rummage sale) and the outline is done with silver glass glitter shards. The flowers are Prima's "Belle Fleur."
A peek inside. The carpet is a photocopy of an old silk one I have for a doll's house.
Swan detail. I must add glitter to their beaks. Just noticed I totally missed that spot!
Here is Marie. She is dressed from old French dictionary pages. My youngest son soldered together her hoop skirt to create the foundation of the dress. I had other plans for the head and body but after some trial and error, I decided that if it's going to be a "Marie" item, then I guess a "Marie" stamp is in order. Catherine Moore has captured her perfectly! Her torso is a copy of a painting from Les Hameaus, her cottage retreat. Again the flowers are Prima and the rooster is just one of those wee treasures I've picked up over the years.
Here is a close-up.

2 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

Your theater is WONDERFUL! I'm so glad you enjoyed your evening last night. I can't wait to see all the theaters. I'm going over to Catherine's now and see if there any posted.

Hugs! Nancy

Susan Williamson said...

Amazing work Jennifer. Just gorgeous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails