Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cool Mornings

During my walk yesterday I watched the mist rise off the pond and enjoyed the large numbers of Blue Jays doing their thing in preparation for winter. I even saw a Chickadee in the Lilac bushes. The Geese are now heading south and you hear them more often each day. There are however, a number of them who do hang around the area all year round. Time to dust off the feeders soon.
My gardens are looking worn out and haggard. The rain did not agree with some of my old standbys but other things just thrived. My Sedum is blooming now which is another sign of the end of summer. I hate to be indoors this time of year. There will plenty of cocooning soon enough with freezing temperatures, wood stoves to stoke and icy roads to avoid.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails