Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Little Something To Look At On A Sunday

Things have been busy around here of late so here is a lovely shot Joshua took of Gumdrop in his new car. She actually does not like to travel in the car and gets sick after about a kilometer. However the car doesn't run yet so she is safe to just hang out with him while he works.
The addition on our old stone home is a dreadful modern piece of shoddy workmanship. (including 16 windows, all different sizes and all bad!) It has a long slanted roof that goes up three stories. Don't get me started on why anyone would want such a thing on a stone house or why the township would have allowed such a design. Oops, sorry about the rant.

Anyhow, it creates large empty spaces that need to be filled with something. So I have my own mini gallery of posters and art that please me. The watercolour of the Kingfisher is something I did in high school, back in the day that I could truly concentrate on what I was doing, without interruption. On the left is a pen and ink I bought from Sue, based on a photograph I took during an art tour in Perth, and the Chinese brush painting of grapes is by the brush painting teacher I had as a teenager. I made the "Buttons" sign at the top from an old breadboard.

2 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Gumdrop is beautiful! This was an interesting post for me as my parents grew up in Perth. I shall watch for next year's art show. Thanks for this.

Stephenie said...

I love your little Gumdrop, how cute.. It's okay to rant, I know I do all the time (hehe).
Stephenie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails