Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy, Happy, Happy

Happy first day of summer, Happy Father's day and Happy Strawberry season! The huge plant above is what Marty and I purchased last year at the Kiwi Garden's "Art in the Garden" weekend. They described it as "Baby's Breath on steroids. Well did it ever bloom for us this year! It's six feet tall. It even has a lovely fragrance.
I was thrilled to make strawberry shortcake for dinner and dessert (a very old tradition in our family, to eat it for both dinner and dessert at the beginning of the season) yesterday. I was even going to photograph the lovely results of my efforts however it sure didn't sit long on the plate! The berries are lovely this year. Large and juicy. Tres Bon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails