Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Special Gifts

Saturday brought out some very special guests to our place. We had a wonderful visit and she gifted me with some of the things she had set aside while cleaning out her past crafty stuff. There were bits of fabric and some very lovely organdy aprons, a celluloid pin cushion/container, old bottles and more. The lovely satin bed jacket below is one of her treasures as well as the "Miser's Purse" laying on it.
It belonged to her grandmother and she told me it was called a Miser's purse as it was long and narrow and tricky to get any coins out of the bottom of it. It is attached to a long chain and would have hung safely inside the lady's skirts. It will be treasured.
There was also a lovely old leather box filled with collar buttons and a cuff-link or two. Don't you just love Mother-of-Pearl?

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Lovely treasures you received. Yes I do love mother-of-pearl I have my grandfather's cuff-links, my treasure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails