Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Busy Days

A lot is happening over the next couple of weeks and I am trying to get creative stuff done too. Son number one will be home for reading week and my best friend from way back is arriving the day he goes back to school.
Above is a piece I created last summer. It took a little thought as to how we were going to mount the item in the center of a shadow box. It was the background that concerned me the most. I finally had an idea and got an antique page of egg illustrations enlarged at the local copy shop to poster size so it would cover the background and I painted it with a Burnt Umber wash. I'm very pleased with the results. Hubby of course worked his magic with the box itself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails