Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Christmas Shadow Boxes

Here are four shadowboxes I created from some neat little wooden boxes my mom had years from her time as a teacher. They have seen a whole lot of use over the years. After she handed them off to me, they sorted items in Marty's desk drawers. Then some of them ended up on the wall of the boys room so they could display their little treasures. Now they are headed back to the wall, this time as nostalgic pieces for the holidays.
They are just waiting for some glass to be cut for the fronts.
The paper I used is from a grand yard sale find a long time ago. I got a big basket loaded with paper samples of all kinds of neat designs from the '60s.
So, if you find yourself wanting to pass a little time tomorrow and you are int he area of Maitland, near Brockville, drop by the M.E.R.C. hall to check out what else will be for sale and the Christmas Craft Market from 10AM to 4PM. Watch for signs.

1 comment:

Pam McKnight said...

found your blog today and enjoyed looking at it, I added myself as a follower. Looks like we have a lot in common with collections and yard sales and making stuff from it all. you can see my blog at:
http://pammcknight.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails