Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Late Night Shots

I know before I begin, that taking pictures in the dining room is not going to be very satisfactory. However, I wanted to share a little of what has been keeping me busy this week. These are little "snowman kit" ornaments. I know that the "make your own snowman" movement has been around for a while but thought it would be cute in the small glass bottles I have had for years. The display tree came from my mom.
I have been saving small tart pans for years, just waiting for the chance to use them for something other than tarts. I got the pictures from vintage design wrapping paper, and edged them with mica flakes.
I am embarrassed to say that I have a great number of boxes of Christmas stuff stored for the holidays as well as in my studio to work with. I have been collecting it, as I find it, going back to before I was married.
BFF Denise and I would hunt down yard sales together as teens, filling our hope chests as it were with all things "perfect" for our future as wives/homemakers (we got married very young). All these years later we still have some of those finds.
I digress. The bottle brush wreath above is one of a number I had stashed away and finally it was time to do something with it. I love the non-Christmassy colour and wanted to try my hand at a little something different. I have two pink and two light blue ones. I used a copy of the image from a very old postcard I have from France.
I have one folder labeled "ancient papers." There isn't much in it but those are the few items that I will not use outright. Everything else is fair game when it comes to art.
I had fun digging through my collection of antique Christmas postcards to back these little wreaths. I used the original postcards this time.
~click on pics to enlarge

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails