Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dollies Wash Day

It was time to give these little Tin heads some TLC. After all, they do get a little dusty over time.
It always amazes and amuses me the different means by which their bodies are created. Made from everything from kid leather to feed sacks and ticking, each one is different, but created with love for some young child. The box in the chest of one of them is a squeaker. I don't ever recall my own children "squeaking" but I guess it was somewhat amusing for a little girl to have her doll "say something."
All washed and ready to be ironed. I don't actually mind ironing. I find it relaxing and it gives me time to ponder.
I hope everyone is having a good week. We've been getting a fair bit of rain, however the plants seem most grateful. Everything is green and lush looking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails