Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tea Cart Makeover

I found this cart recently at Goodwill for $3. Nothing special about it except that it has two shelves and wheels. Good potential for portable storage.
So, after "watching" it for a while I finally decided to get to work and fix it up for use. First I decoupaged old dictionary and encyclopedia pages to each shelf and added a little extra detail for visual interest. I had fun creating Caran D'Ache doodles on the lower shelf.
I left the upper shelf as it was. As this will be used to hold stuff, I decided to cover each shelf with clear contact paper for durability. Then I edged them with copper tape to finish them off. With the shelves dressed up nicely I took the rest of the unit outside and spray-painted it all black. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Now, what to store on it? I'll let you know what I decide.
Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails