Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Playtime, 1960s style

I recently came across this at the local Goodwill. While other folks were carefully checking out the fancier items- glassware etc. I nabbed this. My grandparents used to have this game at their house. We would play it when we visited, along with a whole lot of Chinese checkers too. It is perfect and complete. We have been having fun with this, after dinner, while the wood stove burns away in the evening.
This was a yard sale find. I LOVE old boxed toys. They hold so much potential for fun inside. Well, as a kid, they do. I doubt you will find such a "dangerous" assortment of chemical fun today. I loved my old chemistry set. I would still have it, I think, if my brother hadn't sold it to a friend of his.
Just look at all the cool test tubes filled with mysterious powders.
This box of consonant flash cards is fun. Love the vintage images.
What did you love to play with as a kid?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh what fun Jennifer. I don't remember playing Tip-it as a kid. One favourite that comes to mind is Sorry! Have fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails