Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Yard Sale Day

Saturday morning found Joshua and I in Merrickville for their annual town-wide yard sale. The weather was grand and the streets were crammed with what appeared to be every car in Eastern Ontario. Every year is different and this year yielded some different goodies from previous years. Lots of big stuff for sale this year.
Joshua got vintage this MG grill for his wall.
I found an instant collection of shaving brushes.
Some little gift boxes may come in handy in the future and the happy face cookie jar is Joshua's
Not a lot of small items this year. Some old beads and one tin of buttons.

You know how I love my boxes. Well this one packs a pretty good punch.

It's a picnic hamper from the 1930s for an old Buick I am told. Buick or not, it is old and complete and totally cool! The enamelware is stamped Sweden on the back and the utensils are German.

I love shells. The more unusual the better. I think it is time to get some put in the Milkhouse as I have too many now. Sharing is what it is all about.
This hat stand reminds me of the symbol for the Chicago World's Fair back in the '30s.
This is an old first aid kit. It has the owner's name stamped on the top. Love the little aluminum eye cup. I like the old gauze for adding texture to my art.
I found these two old water cans a couple weeks ago, when Joshua and I headed out for the first yard sales of the season. They and the sock stretchers are heading for the Milkhouse.
Well, that's about it. Lots to do this week.
I hope you all had a lovely weekend and that Mother's day was a pleasant one as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails