Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thinking "Outside" The Box

I've been busy cutting out tags and wrapping lace on and off for almost a week now. All the narrower trims have been wrapped. Now I have to make wider cards to wrap the wide stuff on. It is nice to be able to see what there is now.


I discovered a great many collars and cuffs and other pieces salvaged from clothing years ago. I thought a large flat box would be perfect to store them in. Well, large flat boxes are not readily available. I was thrilled to come across this box at Goodwill.


It was filled with K'Nex building pieces for two dollars. Well, you cannot buy a new, large flat storage box for two dollars, so of course I bought it. The K'Nex will be added to Jacob's own childhood stash.


Today I finally got around to covering it with some vintage wall paper.


I lined it with acid-free vellum and lay in the collars. Now they are safely stored until I have the courage to sell them. They are so very lovely, however, I don't really need them.
I used an old Lowney's chocolate box for the smaller collars and other antique pieces of trim.
The lace cards, boxes, and other trim will be stored in an old trunk I have. Everything in one place and easy to access.

1 comment:

Mya.L said...

Antique black cord/passementerie ornament - I like!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails