Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Real Surprise!

A couple years ago I picked up a funky old frame for a dollar as I liked the print inside and I am a sucker for funky old frames. The picture had slipped so I finally got around to taking it apart to set the "print" straight again. That's when I realised it wasn't a print but an old greeting card. Not just an old greeting card, but an original water colour painting-turned-card. Inside it says "Sincere wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Marjorie H Tozer. The "H" stands for Hughson.

I couldn't find much about her but this painting by her is from here.

Here is a book about the birds of Nova Scotia. Marjorie illustrated it. You can find this here.

What a fun find. You never know what you'll turn up at a yard sale. Have you made any fantastic discoveries while thrifting?

1 comment:

Mya.L said...

I volunteer in a charity shop. Last year I bought a mix of entangled broken bits of jewellery which would have ended up in the trash - without really checking what was in there. Once at home, I started sorting them out and found a 1860s cameo pin stick brooch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails