Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Goodwill Goodies

When I was in Brockville last week I had a chance to drop by Goodwill. It was fifty percent off Friday and I didn't expect to find anything as it was in the afternoon. Well, I did manage to find a few goodies. The lovely plate above is perfectly crazed and I was taken by the great green design.
These old photo pins are an internet find.
I was surprised and totally thrilled to find not one, but two containers of buttons at Goodwill. There is nothing more pleasurable than sorting through an old container of buttons, hopefully finding a wee treasure or two. This time was no exception. There were lots of old glass buttons.
As always there was not shortage of mother of pearl buttons either. In spite of their numbers and common shape I think these are my favourite. It's especially nice to find them with carved details and designs.

Victorian brass picture buttons come in a crazy variety of subject matter. Could this be a "hunting" button? the dog is chasing out ducks from a marsh? Who thinks of such things to put on a little button?!

I also found the lovely shell necklace and a tin with hinged lid. Someone went crazy with the spray paint on the tin but the drip marks are rather pleasing.

1 comment:

Nichola said...

I found some buttons in a thrift shop just yesterday! The plate is very pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails