Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Little Delft Houses

I recently found these at Goodwill. I have seen the odd one around before but never really knew what their purpose was. Ever curious, I bought these four little houses and came home to do a little research.
They were offered to folks flying KLM air customers flying in business and Royal class. There is Dutch Genever (35% alcohol) inside them however in countries with strict alcohol restrictions, empty bottles are presented to their customers. These were first offered in 1952. You can read more of their history here.

This is what they look like on the bottom.
And here are their backs. Each one is numbered. Each house is modeled after an actual Dutch building.
No, I have no plans to actually "collect" these, however, should I come across one here or there, naturally I will add to my own little Dutch straat.

I hope you had a good weekend, Everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails