Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

To Polish Or Not To Polish

Here is that sweet little dessert set from the other day. Typically I am not a pink person, nor a silver person however I do appreciate lovely old boxes created to hold specific things. I also am not find of the maintenance associated with silver. It's nice that good old tarnished metals have a charm of their own these days.
Stainless flatware is the way to go if you don't want to fuss over your forks and spoons.
I could not however resist polishing up these little pieces to see how the delicate handles would sparkle against the pink satin. They look so special.

There is something to be said for taking time. Time to do things right, to take care of what you have. The act of polishing is relaxing, and gives one time to think and reflect.
While I was at it I decided to polish some other utensils. They look great all tarnished, with their celluloid handles.
But polished, that lovely design really comes to life. I like the sparkle. They wont be like this for long and after another long while I will again give them a little sparkly lift with more polish.

Some things should never be polished, like antique copper that has a wonderful natural patina. Once gone, it is just never the same.
How do you like your silver?

1 comment:

Kim Henkel Creations said...

Beautiful silver! I love the tarnished look, but those spoons against the pink background do look lovely all polished up. I haven't visited for a while, so had a lovely visit today... love the skeleton leaves and feathers you have posted, and the toad pics are delightful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails