Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Monday, November 26, 2012

First Snow & Little Snowmen

 I woke up this morning to a shock!  There was snow on the ground.  I know I just recently mentioned it was getting really cold and that winter was definitely on its way, however I was still hoping it would hold off for a while yet.  Naive, I know.

 So, here it is. All of about an inch.  I know, it's barely enough to mention.  My girlfriend  said that they have a foot of the white stuff.  She's further north.  They always have a lot of snow.

 Inside, I have a little bowl of snowmen.  I found these at Goodwill, of course, and thought to myself,  "What cute little candle holders."  Yes,they have round bottoms but nestled into icing they wouldn't go anywhere.  I was a little confused by the presence of little Christmas light bulbs in the same bag, but eventually I put it together.

They were for a string of lights.  So, I tucked one into my tree.  Just one.  I don't much go for cute, but this little guy seems happy to be doing what he was designed to do.  The others may well end up on Jacob's birthday cake with candles come February.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails