Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Early Mornings & More Fun Finds

 I was up with the sun today.  It was pleasant out before the heat moved in. Apparently we are in for a pretty hot and muggy weekend.  There was one yard sale to check out today.  It was along the St Lawrence River.  A lovely area. Below are things found this morning as well as from other thrifting adventures.

               These sweet little enclosure cards make use of the "new" plastics of the era.

                                      These two whisk brooms are only three inches.

                                           These little enamel birds are actually thimbles.

                                   I love the illustrations in these small scale Bonzo books.

                                        This is an old pillow cover with a silhouette image.

                                  I love books that aren't books. A surprise inside every cover!

 A handy little manicure set inside.  I suppose you could just tuck it on a shelf along with your other books in between manicures.

                  How can you not smile when you look at useful items with happy faces on them?

           These are some seriously odd mid-century poodles, complete with little rhinestone eyes.

               Another copper lustre jug to add to my collection.  This is a new design for me.

I enjoy seeing the big ocean liners going up and down the St Lawrence river.  They remind me of when I lived in Windsor, along Riverside Drive (we were across the road from the water).  From our living room you could see the ships travelling along the Detroit river.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails