Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fun Antique Paper Items

 The other day the mail brought a wonderful surprise.  What I thought was going to be a random assortment of incomplete puzzles, turned out to be so much more.

 To my delight there were actually a dozen complete puzzles as well as some incompletes.  I just love the old graphics.
No Disney-fied images to suit the younger crowd.  Accurate and realistic renderings and a spelling lesson to boot.
 Can you imagine the fun some young person had putting these together, more than a hundred years ago?

There was also a lovely lot of antique wedding, anniversary and shower cards.  It always amazes me that these things are still around to be enjoyed and re-purposed.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

When I saw those puzzles, a flash of recognition went off. I'm sure we had puzzles like that when I was young. Wonderful images.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails