Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Satisfaction In Getting The Little Things Done

 Lovely weather, long quiet days, and the gardens are growing remarkably well this year.  I've been trying to keep up with drying my herbs, instead of leaving them to go wild.  Tarragon, parsley and basil, so far.

                                 All the egg shells I have saved will be put to use for various things.

     Besides keeping slugs out of your garden, they are really easy to grind up with a mortar and pestle.

                                              They also make a great abrasive cleanser.

 I've also got some lovely vanilla "cooking" away as well as some homemade floor cleaner- a simple combination of orange peels in vinegar.  Do you have any favourite homemade household helpers?


We have a few ancient fruit trees on the property and this is the first year I have seen such a lot of fruit on them.  In a previous post I shared a pic of an apple tree.  This is one of our pear trees.


I hope that you have been enjoying a most pleasant weekend.  This season is marching along all too quickly for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails