Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Another Market Saturday

 The week's all but slipped by and no time for blogging.  So, instead of jumping right in on today's activities- more canning, I will begin with last Saturday.  I spent another morning lending a hand at Roots Down Organics and the weather certainly put on a great show.  A cold, windy, wet show.  It's pretty neat to be able to watch the cargo ships float by on the St Lawrence, at the bottom of the street.

 While many vendors didn't come due to the weather, those with fresh produce couldn't take a day off.  The customers didn't stay away.  Sue had her hands full much of the morning.

 I came home with more jalapeno peppers, anxious to try my hand at homemade poppers.  A woman at the market makes them and wraps them in bacon.  Who wouldn't like that?  I did make some and they turned out great and everyone enjoyed them! Sorry, no pictures.  They didn't last long.

                                Lots of other great freshness awaiting a little kitchen attention.

                                                         I made some chicken soup.


I also brought home some spring rolls and in addition to the lovely plum sauce that we were able to enjoy the hot and sweet sauce I made.  Well, back to canning.  This time applesauce with apples from an all but forgotten tree on the property and some green tomato relish.

1 comment:

Nichola said...

When I lived in the city I would go to the market every single week. I loved it! Even though we live rurally and grow much of our own food now, I miss going to market and looking at all of the gorgeous, yummy things there. Maybe I'll have to get my butt in gear and start going once more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails