Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving- Thankful For Local Farmers

 It was a truly beautiful Thanksgiving weekend. Saturday was more summery than fall.  This long neglected tree on our property gave us the apples for my tart.  I don't know what they were but they were delicious!  What was left was at the top of the tree so a long stick helped knock down what we needed.

 I also tried my hand at a grain-free orange almond cake. Pretty good. I made another using lemon instead of orange it was great too.

                                             The apples from our tree.  I will have to check my old Harrowsmith magazine apple article to see if I can identify them.  Red and yellow skins and a lovely sweet, crisp and slightly tart flavour.

 It was super busy at the market.  I brought home these lovelies for our dinner.  Thank you Roots Down Organic for your fabulous variety!  Thank you also, Aubin Farm for our chicken.  Thank you Hall's Apple Market for you wonderful apple cider.

 The apple tart turned out well and didn't last long.  Another pecan crust gave it a nutty base.

                                  A pumpkin pie with a pecan crust. It was very popular.  Some were missing from our table and others were here for the first time. It was a nice Thanksgiving.  I hope you had a lovely long weekend, wherever you are.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails