Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Very Busy Weekend

 It has been fun watching the mama hen look after her little one.  They both seem very happy. Still more eggs to hatch.

 Hubby brought home some organic strawberries from Wiseacres Farm, near Napanee.  It has been a dreadful year for berries with all the rain we have been getting. I am most grateful for these!  They sure were full of flavour, if not as large as normal.

 I tried my hand a sushi rolls this weekend too. With a variety of fillings, we had fun and enjoyed the eating too. I used seaweed salad, broccoli, avocado, and sweet potato. Everyone enjoyed them.
Of course there was also strawberry shortcake.


 I spent my time making strawberry rhubarb jam,

 strawberry lemon preserves, as well as regular jam, and some strawberries in vanilla sauce.

 We had a lot of rain, again, on Sunday. The dogs didn't care, They wanted to stay out and play.

                                       Baby chick number two hatched on Sunday as well.

 I was excited to find scapes on my garlic!  It seems to be doing very well.
I also spent Saturday morning at the market and it was great to see the regulars again.
I will try to remember to take pictures next weekend.

I came across this healthy looking fellow in my garden. He blends right in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails