Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Thrifted Yellows

 I came across a stack of wonderful vintage yellow Melmac plates at a thrift store recently.  The top one is the same brand that my grandmother's plates were, Rainboware.  We still use them everyday.  There is a very interesting blog on Melmac dishes. You can check it out HERE.

 At Barnfull of Goodies, in Morrisburg I finally bought this neat little set (?) of enamel on cast iron pieces. I have been admiring it for a long time.




                                                I love the veggies painted on them.



 Then there was a yellow pear bowl, with divider. Another thrift store find.  It is an early Pfaltzgraff  chip and dip bowl.


Yellow kitchenware is always welcome. It reminds me of the smaller enamel covered casserole my mom gave me as a wedding gift decades ago, and the larger one which was a most fortuitous yard sale find years ago.  Yellow brightens up the space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails