Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Monday, August 13, 2018

Big Reno, Small Changes

 Last summer Marty and the guys changes all the windows in the addition. Huge job, took a long while and as usual, there were surprises along the way. No, not nice surprises. Nevertheless, they all got replaced, and RE-placed, in better locations too.  Finally the giant 9 foot by 7 foot window in the guest room is all but a memory!

                                      Now things look better indoors as well as outside.

 When it came time to repaint the guest room inside I decided to go with simple white.
I also moved out the antique door headboard.

 I wanted a pared down, cleaner look and as the dogs are not allowed in the guest room, I went bravely with a white quilt we found a long time ago at a thrift store.

                     These lovely pillow shams were found recently and look nice with the quilt.

 I chose just a few of my favourite silhouettes to hang back up and the rest will be passed on.

I even had the curtains already too. The last detail to complete is to put a mirror into the frame for the dresser. It took a while but it is finally done.

                                            This piece I did years ago looks right at home.

                                                          All ready to receive guests.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails