Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Monday, April 2, 2007

Seed Packet Swap


I am part of the Creative Underground(Timeless Creations, in Fort Collins CO), a YaHoo group. Every month they have special swaps and I have grown quite addicted to them. These seed packets are from the latest swap. We had to buy 30 packets of seeds, copy the fronts and then alter the copied pictures. This is what I came up with. I chose ten of each design as it was impossible to get thirty of one kind of seeds. Okay, I could have gotten thirty broccoli, but they weren't interesting looking. I stamped the rabbits onto glossy paper and cut them out. I filled the watch crystals with the seeds from each package and created little shakers out of them. For the carrots and tomatoes I stamped carrots and tomatoes onto shrink plastic and shrunk them. After attaching the wire and fibres I was inspired to make little tags, using walnut ink to distress them and a Pima paper ivy leaf, along with the words"how does your garden grow?" They were fun to make and I can hardly wait to get back the little "seed book" of everyone's contributions.

Click here to link to the Creative Undergound's blogspot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails