Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday Update

I woke this morning to snow outside! I know I shouldn't be surprised as we do live in Canada and it is December, but I was appreciating the lack of snow lately. I got a good roaring fire going and that warmed my spirits somewhat. After driving son number three to work I finally got back into the kitchen and made some more cookies. The neat little ornaments above were made by Sue, years ago.
Today's menu produced "Muster Day Gingerbread" birds and little round "Brown Sugar Shortbread" cookies. I got the Mint Domino squares done a few days ago. For those of you who have put in their time ( dear friends indeed) rolling out Peppernuts, they too have been made and the dough is resting in the fridge for a few days to let the flavours mingle. Josh said I ought to enlist the help of some of my new friends here to roll them this year. I think it may be too soon for that! I only made one batch so it wont be too daunting to do it all myself. An old movie, a cup of warm cider and the job will be done in no time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails