Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Girl's Day Out

I have had this photo for years. Found it in an old album purchased at a yard sale of all places. I love it! It reminds me of the special girlfriends I have have been privileged to have over the years.
Shelly came and picked me up and we headed off to Merrickville for lunch and browsing, and homemade Gelato.
I tried on this hat for fun and it looked so nice she bought it for me. I love it!!
This old chair was a find Joshua picked up for me. Now our "centre room" upstairs is a nice quiet spot to read. Noticed the dog "fluffies" on the floor after taking this shot. Needless to say, the vacuuming got done next.
Back to our day away. We ate a lovely little Bistro called "Serendipity" and enjoyed their home made bread and artisan cheeses as well as some terrific fish and chips. The Gelato from the "Downtowne Ice Cream & Candy Shoppe" was great. We even watched four boats come up through the lock on the Rideau Canal. That was pretty neat. We also bought sweet treats to share and the most glorious smelling soap at Mrs. McGarrigles. It was relaxing and fun. I definitely need to get away more often. Thanks Shelly!

1 comment:

Susan Williamson said...

I think this is one of your best posts yet Jennifer. I enjoyed everything about from the photos to your day out with "the girls."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails