Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Friday, March 19, 2010

A New Morning

This morning was crisp and cool. Seems we are in for some cooler days. That's okay. I have gotten much of the yard raked up where the dogs have spent time, if you know what I mean. It so nice to wander about the property, listening to the birds and watching the geese fly over. It appears we have a couple (of Geese) settling into the pond area again. You just see them flying on and out. They keep to themselves.
I have had this nest for a long time and it has been a goal of mine to find just the right way to display it. It is still attached to the surrounding branches and I didn't want to remove them. It didn't fit in the cabinet with the smaller ones I have collected over the years so it has been tucked aside here and there, always in the way.
I had seen these lanterns at Winners over the last few weeks and although they are lovely, couldn't think of what to to do with one of them. They came in three sizes.
It made me sad to see the two smaller ones had been bought, but yesterday, when I saw the big one sitting there, by itself, it came to me: the nest would fit nicely in it. It surely does.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Great pic of the pond. And the nest looks really at home in the lantern.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails